Excuse me for providing these one at a time, but I stubleded in that
first error when I was looking for another one in rality, which now I
discovered, which didn't create an xmlrpcvalue for unknown types and
though the new PHP4 'NULL' type

At the end of the xmlrpc_encode helper functions, around line 967
      case "unknown type":
      default:
###         $xmlrpc_val = false; # it has to be returned
###                              # an empty object in case (which is
already
###                              # at this point), not a boolean
         break;
   }
   return $xmlrpc_val;
}