Hi,

Several months ago (in february) I asked for adding global statements
(see below for info). I downloaded now the new version 1.01 but it seems
that this problem already exists.
Below is my global list for an old XML-RPC version. It would be great if
someone can add this to the current distribution.

Thanks!

Nicolay

// $Id: xmlrpcs.inc,v 1.5 2000/06/03 13:44:33 edmundd Exp $

global $_xmlrpcs_listMethods_sig;

global $_xmlrpcs_listMethods_doc;
global $_xmlrpcs_methodSignature_sig;
global $_xmlrpcs_methodSignature_doc;
global $_xmlrpcs_dmap;
global $_xmlrpc_debuginfo;

------------------
// $Id: xmlrpc.inc,v 1.7 2000/08/26 18:22:28 edmundd Exp $

global
$xmlrpcI4,$xmlrpcInt,$xmlrpcDouble,$xmlrpcString,$xmlrpcDateTime,$xmlrpcBase64,$xmlrpcArray,$xmlrpcStruct;
global $xmlrpcerr,$xmlrpcstr;
global $xmlrpc_defencoding;
global $xmlrpcerruser;
global $xmlrpcerrxml;
global $xmlrpc_backslash;
global $xmlrpc_twoslash;
global $xmlrpc_twoslash;
global $_xh;

today I had big trouble using XML-RPC. After a long search in my code I
found the problem in the XML-RPC classes/include files. We often have
code that includes the classes inside a function:
class xy{
  function myfunc() {
        include_once "xmlrpc.inc";
  }
}
We have got sveral layers of these nested constructs because it is a
very big software project.

But the XML-RPC classes uses global variables - e.g. $xmlrpcTypes. These
variables are not visible in global (they are included in another
function => they are local variables in that function).

As a workaround I put a big global list at the beginning of each XML-RPC
file:
global $xmlrpcTypes,$xmlEntities,... etc.
Another solution would be a global defined object with all these
variables as members.

It would be great if these changes could be made in the main
distribution.