I've been coding up some xml-rpc in three places using xmlrpc.inc. - Server side PHP - Client side PHP - Client side Delphi (using the codepunk lib).
It's mostly gone smoothly, but I've been hitting a couple of problems related to char sets. Judging by the XML-RPC list, I'm not the only one! It seems that xmlrpc.inc is a bit touchy about white space. Back in the summer I hit this working against Manila as they were formatting the XML with tabs and carriage returns. I think that got dealt with. My problem now is that any content with multiple consecutive CRLF causes xmlrpcresp to barf with:- Fault: Code: 2 Reason 'Invalid return payload: enabling debugging to examine incoming payload' This whole effort is all to do with blogger.com and the api which provides an easy way to see the problem. Enter a blog item with two carriage returns. Then use xmlrpc.inc to call blogger.getPost or blogger.getRecentPosts Looking at the incoming xml, You can see the fragment causing the problem. ----- <member><name>content</name><value>hello world 2 newlines and there they were</value></member> ----- This looks like perfectly valid XML, so I think the problem is with xmlrpc.inc. Where I've got control over both ends, I'm using nl2br() to insert <br /> before CRLF which sorts it, but I don't think I should have to. And then of course there's the problem of whether it's LFLF or CRLFCRLF but I've tested this both on a Win platform and on *nix with the same results. PHP 4.06 xmlrpc.inc 1.01 -- Julian Bond email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] CV/Resume: http://www.voidstar.com/cv/ WebLog: http://www.voidstar.com/ M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173 T: +44 (0)192 0412 433 ICQ:33679568 tag:So many words, so little time -- For information about how to subscribe and unsubscribe from this list visit http://xmlrpc.usefulinc.com/list.html