-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ken Stevens
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2002 8:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [phpxmlrpc] xmlrpc for php and xmlrpc for asp

Is there a problem with communicating with the asp version of  xmlrpc
and the xmlrpc.inc

I have tried and tried to talk to a server  and the only result I get
back is the work "Object"

*****
Here is the reference info about a test connection
*****

SPEBSQSA XML-RPC Function Reference
Function

Ping
Purpose

Test connectivity to the XML-RPC server
Calling Interface

Ping()
Returns

"Pong" - connection established
Example (ASP)

dim paramList(1)

resp = xmlRPC("https://www.spebsqsa.org/xmlrpc/server.asp";, "Ping",
paramList)

if resp <> "Pong" then ...
*****
Here is the code I used
*****
<?php
      include 'xmlrpc.inc';

      // Make an object to represent our server.
      $server = new xmlrpc_client('/xmlrpc//server.asp',
                                  'www.spebsqsa.org', 80);

      // Send a message to the server.
      $message = new xmlrpcmsg('Ping',());
      $result = $server->send($message);

      // Process the response.
      if (!$result) {
          print "<p>Could not connect to HTTP server.</p>";
      } elseif ($result->faultCode()) {
          print "<p>XML-RPC Fault #" . $result->faultCode() . ": " .
              $result->faultString();
      } else {

          print "<p>Result: " . htmlentities($result) . "</p>";
      }
      ?>