Obantec Support wrote:

i have put together a php script to access a whois server that uses xml.
now i used their guides to send correct format of message but am lost as to
how to use the response.

You need to take the results apart using functions such as value, scalarval, and structmem. If your function returned a single value you would do something like this:

  $Val       = $result->value();
  $ScalarVal = $Val->scalarval();

If it returned a structure with name and age members:

  $Val     = $result->value();
  $NameVal = $Val->structmem("name");
  $AgeVal  = $Val->structmem("age");
  $Name    = $NameVal->scalarval();
  $Age     = $AgeVal->scalarval();

Make sense?

Jeff;

is there some function that parses the xml so i can access results. currently i am dumping to screen using

$result = $client->send($message);// send request

// error handler in here

print_r(get_object_vars($result)); // show result to screen

(i am new to both php and xml but have programmed in perl).

Sorry if question is a bit OT, i was going to ask how to get results from
server but googled my way thru my problems.

Mark