Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:15:43 -0800
From: Jon Jacobsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: HMC Mathematical Biology Conference

Hello All,

Next Saturday, November 8, Harvey Mudd College is hosting a research conference
on Mathematical Biology.  If you plan to participate please register through
the conference homepage:

        http://www.math.hmc.edu/baldyconf/

Speakers:

   Carlos Castillo-Chavez (Cornell University)
          Problems at the interface of epidemics and homeland security.

   Sally Blower (UCLA, Biomathematics)
          Predicting the public health impact of imperfect HIV vaccines:
          the Red Queen Principle.

   Jim Keener (Utah)
          The topology of defibrillation.

   Zvia Agur (Institute for Medical BioMathematics, Israel)
          Frequency of drug administration & cancer therapy

   Bard Ermentrout (U. Pittsburgh)
          Lures of the Ring: Synchrony and dynamics on the circle

   Panel - Moderated by John Milton (U. Chicago)

Please contact me ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) or Lisette dePillis ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
if you have any questions.

Best regards,
-Jon

--
Jon Jacobsen
Department of Mathematics

Visit the Mathematics of Phylogenetic Trees webpage:
http://bio.math.berkeley.edu/classes/290/fa2003