 A new missionary recruit went to Venezuela for the first time.  He was
 struggling with the language and didn't understand a  whole lot of what
 was going on. Intending to visit one of the  local churches, he got
lost,
 but eventually got back on track and found the place.

 Having arrived late, the church was already packed. The only pew left
was
 the one on the front row.

 So as not to make a fool of himself, he decided to pick someone out of
the
 crowd to imitate. He chose to follow the  man sitting next to him on
the
 front pew. As they sang, the man clapped his hands, so the missionary
 recruit clapped too.

 When the man stood up to pray, the missionary recruit stood up too.
When
 the man sat down, he sat down.  When the man held the cup and bread for
 the Lord's Supper, he held the cup and bread. During the preaching, the
 recruit didn't understand a thing. He just sat there and tried to look
 just like that man in the front pew.

 Then he perceived that the preacher was giving announcements. People
 clapped, so he looked to see if the man was clapping. He was, and so
the
 recruit clapped too.

 Then the preacher said some words that he didn't understand and he saw
the
 man next to him stand up. So he stood up too.  Suddenly a hush fell
over
 the entire congregation. A few people gasped. He looked around and saw
 that nobody else was standing. So he sat down.

 After the service ended, the preacher stood at the door shaking the
hands
 of those who were leaving. When the missionary recruit stretched out
his
 hand to greet the preacher, the preacher said, in English: "I take it
you
 don't speak Spanish."

 The missionary recruit replied: "No I don't. It's that obvious?"

 "Well yes," said the preacher, "I announced that the Acosta family had
 newborn baby boy and would the proud father please stand up."

              [],
                 1.000ton
 ________________         _
 \__(=======/_=_/ ____.--'-`--.___   Visite Minha Home Page:
            \ \   `,--,-.___.----'   http://users.sti.com.br/yamato
          .--`\\--'../               http://users.sti.com.br/stoledo
         '---._____./]               http://sites.uol.com.br/filpo
                                     http://users.sti.com.br/gtraxx
 Nós saudamos as estrelas            http://www.fconline.net

RAM = Rarely Adequate Memory
l? Você tem email?? Que tal mudar para [EMAIL PROTECTED]? Visite
http://www.email.com.br e faça seu pedido. Esse email é seu!

Responder a