Comment #5 on issue 112 by heuermh: OSX: "Error: custom stroke not
implemented"

If we can come up with a profound solution that works on all platforms, I'm
all for it.

If we have to do OS & java version checks (if jdk 1.6+ is not a problem on
Mac OSX,
for instance) then it'd be best to do them robustly with consideration to
SecurityExceptions as in commons-lang.

Then, since PNode is already too big of a class, I would want to add the
static
checks to PUtil, even if that means adding to the API.

Or we might add our own SystemUtils or similarly named class
package-private to
edu.umd.cs.piccolo.