Comment #6 on issue 61 by mttdgf: Investigate SVG support

Great work, very impressive, but I'm afraid I must vote against including
svg support
in Piccolo:

another big
part.  If the entire standard isn't implemented it will always be a partial
implementation; partially usable and misleading to those looking for an svg

2)  It appears the implementation is essential a file loader.  I recall
reading on
the site that file loaders/formats where not to be support and
users are
required to roll their own.  I agree with this.  There are many graph
oriented file
formats; GraphML is a popular one.

3)  There are already many great svg components out there (for Java, .Net
not so
much) like Batik.  The Batik project has an SVGGraphics2d component that
outputs SVG
from a normal Java component:

I would rather see this implemented and let users take their "SVG images"
and load
them into Batik.

Apologies for the length.  That's my .02.

Piccolo2D Developers Group: