Owner: allain.lalonde
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-High Effort-Low OpSys-All
Toolkit-Piccolo2D.Java Component-Core Maintainability Milestone-1.3

New issue 135 by allain.lalonde: Constants are not constant in the core.

I've pushed the CheckStyle number as far down as I can without breaking
binary incompatibility. The next stumbling block is the "constants" that
aren't declared as final. Considering the overall quality of the
framework's codebase lately, this is an oversight that stands out like a
sore thumb.

It has to have been an error (albeit a small one) at the time. So we
shouldn't propagate it forward. I can't think of a situation where this
oversight would be used by a developer without them being aware that they
shouldn't be allowed to be doing what they're doing; heck even the naming
convention makes them not want to change the value. If we mark them as
final now, no future developers could make use of this hole.

I'm 100% for breaking compatibility in these cases.

Anyone else?