Doh. Make that "oppose 1.3-rc3", not "1.3-rc4".
On Feb 26, 7:16 pm, "cmal...@pixelzoom.com" <cmal...@pixelzoom.com>
> Well, apparently we (PhET) didn't have as much consensus as I thought.
> I should have waited to comment until we had more internal discussion.
> The new feeling is that we rely heavily on PSwing, and 163 is
> therefore pretty important. We've seen it cause serious problems in
> at least one application, and a quick review of code shows that there
> are other places where we're surprised it hasn't been a problem (and
> maybe it is a problem in other languages, since our applications are
> localized for > 40 locales.) Since a fix has been verified, it makes
> sense to get it into 1.3, so we don't have to immediately diverge from
> 1.3. Our internal patches should be for fixing problems found
> *after* 1.3 is released, not before. And we shouldn't count on 163
> getting into a 1.3.x release, because we don't know when/if that will
> So I'm going to change my vote (on behalf of PhET) to oppose 1.3-
> rc4. Here it is:
> [ ] +1 I support this release
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -0
> [X] -1 I oppose this release because of issue 163.
> On Feb 26, 4:50 pm, "cmal...@pixelzoom.com" <cmal...@pixelzoom.com>
> > My client (PhET) uses PSwing quite heavily.
> > But I'm not going to -1 in order to get the 163 fix, for 3 reasons:
> > (1) The consensus within PhET is that we're comfortable with patching
> > our 1.3 copy to resolve 163.
> > (2) Imho PSwing needs an internal overhaul, to bring the code up to
> > the standards of Piccolo. Poor name choices is my biggest beef,
> > luckily with private stuff.
> > (3) There are additional PSwing issues that need to be resolved. We
> > have not yet reported these, but are tracking them internally. The
> > big 2 issues are focus traversal and memory leaks when PSwings are
> > removed from the scenegraph.
> > Chris
> > On Feb 26, 4:16 pm, Michael Heuer <heue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Michael Heuer wrote:
> > > > Vote will close at 12:00 GMT Friday 26 February 2010.
> > > I would like to extend to vote deadline until Monday 01 March 2010 to
> > > allow for feedback on recently fixed issues 163 and 165.
> > > The current vote would pass as it stands and the fixes for those
> > > issues would not be released until a later version.
> > > michael
Piccolo2D Developers Group: http://groups.google.com/group/piccolo2d-dev?hl=en