I've previously posted about an SWT port of Piccolo that I've made.
Part of the job was replacing java.awt's Point2D(.Double),
Rectangle2D(.Double) and AffineTransform with custom ones, since the
port had to be java.awt clean. These replacements were limited in the
sense that they only contained the methods that Piccolo actually uses.
Based on this experience I suggested doing this replacement in head,
to make the SWT port easier to maintain.

Now that the 1.3 version has been released, it's perhaps time to
consider this again?