k guys this works:
private void handTool_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
            {
                    Canvas.RemoveInputEventListener(drag);
Canvas.RemoveInputEventListener(Canvas.PanEventHandler);
Canvas.AddInputEventListener(Canvas.PanEventHandler);
            }
            private void dragTool_Click(object sender,
System.EventArgs e)
            {
Canvas.RemoveInputEventListener(Canvas.PanEventHandler);
                Canvas.RemoveInputEventListener(drag);
                Canvas.AddInputEventListener(drag);
            }
So I think that there is a BUG that creates a new form that
AUTOMATICALLY creates a new PanEventHandler by default probably
whenever a new event handler is created (in my case the drag event).
Therefore you need to remove it always EVEN if you have already
instructed it to remove it in the first place.

Best,

Fernando Loizides (zulu)