I had just typed this same email as a response to a prior message, but
I've found google groups to sometimes drop my posts.

I'm very excited to join the project. Professionally, I've been on the
Java web stack for six or so years now - on a wide range of projects,
products, and Java technologies. In the past several months, I've been
using Piccolo2D on a personal project, a desktop app that visualizes
programs running a JVM. Hopefully I'll have something to demo in the
coming months/year.

I look forward to helping Piccolo2D stay an active and growing
project. Thanks for bringing me in.