On 12/21/2010 10:19 PM, Michael Heuer wrote:
> Carlo Salinari wrote:
>
>> Hi all, I'm new here.
>
> Welcome.

Thanks.

>> What is the best way to import piccolo2d.java as an eclipse project?
>> Do I have to install a maven plugin?
>> Can you give me some hints?
>
> Do you want to work on Piccolo2D.Java itself, or just use piccolo2d in
> your java project?

I'd like to familiarize with the codebase and assess the status of the
SWT port. Btw: is there anyone working (or planning to work) on it?

> To import Piccolo2D.Java into Eclipse, you'll need
>
> http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org
>
> and
>
> http://subclipse.tigris.org
>
> Then you select piccolo2d.java/trunk in the SVN repository browser and
> right-click Check out as Maven project...
>
> However, currently the latest version 0.12 of m2eclipse doesn't work
> with subclipse, see
>
> https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MNGECLIPSE-2593

That was really helpful.

I've checked out the whole piccolo2d.java repository manually.

Then I imported release-1.3 (I guess the latest stable release is the
best starting point, right?)

Now I have 7 projects in my workspace:
piccolo2d-complete
piccolo2d-parent
piccolo2d-core
piccolo2d-examples
piccolo2d-extras
piccolo2d-swt
piccolo2d-swt-examples

(oddly enough, they are all marked as changed by the scm, except for
piccolo2d-core; whatever...)

What's piccolo2d-parent? Maven-related?

The examples seem to work.

cheers,