First off, thanks for your comments.

I originally wrote this app using jogl, but it was just too low level and
when I prototyped it in piccolo2d, I just fell in love with the api. The
ease of which I could export to PDF was a real winner for me. I addition is
exported as scalable vector graphics which makes it zoomable in acrobat.

So in other words - yes I am using the code as you have described.

Yes please for the link on the applications page.

I take it the "I have an outstanding todo" is an invitation to help out?