Hi Jon,

nice to see you here! :-)

> I think this mailing list is a very good idea. Will there be an archive of
> the postings?

As you see, this is also the desire of Robert ;-)

Initially, I was planning to maintain an archive for this list. However,
I decided not to do so. This would be a much more complicated thing than
the plain mailing list server itself. Do do it right, it would involve
keeping a database of blobs, with all the trouble of full text indexes,
threads, and varying character sets.

Wouldn't it be enough if each member could simply save the mails he is
interested in?

If not, perhaps there is some other means than rolling one's own
archive? Pipe the whole stuff to master Google?