Hi,

I'm almost done with the Pico Lisp version of my Chinese Checkers program, but I just got the idea that I'd like to be able to change the language og the messages given by the program, e.g. from English to Norwegian, by the use of the 'locale' function. I've now put (most of) these translations into a "china/loc/no" file. There's one problem, however, that I need to solve, and that's got to do with the color names.
In English you say e.g.
- I just moved a red piece.
- I just moved my red piece.
- I just moved one of my red pieces.
The point here is that the word "red" is not inflected, it's unchanged.
In German, French, Norwegian and a lot of other languages it's not that simple.

I think the solution could be that instead of using just ',"red"' in my code, I could use things like ',"RED-is"', ',"RED-ds"', ',"RED-ip"' and ',"RED-dp"', where "i", "d", "s" and "p" means "indefinite", "definite", "singular" and "plural", and I could have a default file ("nil" ?) where all these forms where translated to "red" ... I probably have forgotten most of my German and French grammar, but maybe one should also include letters indicating gender (m, f, n), giving us a total of twelve forms of "red" ...

Any ideas?

/Jon