Hi Anthony,

> Lisp server.  For clarification though, you have the Pico Lisp
> application installed as a user under home, but Pico Lisp is installed
> in usr/local correct?  Also, where do you place each of these scripts?

While it is perfectly possible to install PicoLisp in some global place
(and ideally also setting put symbolic links /usr/bin/picolisp and
/usr/lib/picolisp, as described in INSTALL), I actually never do that
but run it always in some local directory. On custom application
servers, this is always the home directory of a user 'app'.

Running a local installation can take advantage of having all file
accesses relative to the installation directory. This makes it easy, for
example, to install several versions in parallel. Also, system files
like "lib/http.l" don't have to be written as "@lib/http.l".

> Do you have the first one in /etc/init.d and where are the other two
> positioned?

Yes, the first one is "/etc/init.d/xxx", and the other two are (if the
application resides in "/home/app/xxx/") in "/home/app/xxx/run" and
"/home/app/xxx/stop".

All this is probably more a matter of taste, but I found it quite
convenient this way.