Hi Tomas,

> I am wondering whether there is a way to end the loop without
> crashing?  I tried (loop ... (NIL (flush))) but that does not work and

Oops. This is the right way to go, and is supposed to work.

There is obviously a bug in the PicoLisp kernel. I must investigate it
more closely, but I found out that it works correctly when you use (NIL
(flush)) as you did, and replace the (wait 1000) with (call 'sleep 1).

So the problem must have to do with the background event handling in
'wait'. I suspect that the socket is closed in between.

I'll keep at it.