On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:26:00PM +0700, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> Simply manually navigating to http://localhost:8080/@desktop after
> this displays all the correct results. It seems I can not set the
> cookie and simply retrieve its contents through the use of *Cookies in
> the same request?

The function 'cookie' puts the keys and values into the transient symbol
"*Cookies" (internal to "lib/http.l"), to be inserted into the next HTTP
header. The global variable *Cookies, on the other hand, is filled
during the GET or POST request.

Do you still need to use cookies internally, once you passed the long
password id to the other server?

> Or does the problem have to do with the fact that
> I'm redirecting from a forked process since the sign in form is using
> the GUI stuff?

This should not matter. The redirection simply sends a page to the
browser that tells him another address.