On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 05:54:10PM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
> > Do you have anything on mind?
>
> Unfortunately not. I just had the feeling there must be other ways ;-)

Perhaps I was too much in a hurry yesterday ...

There is a kind of middle way between our two solutions:

   (let @S '((I . 0))
      (def 'count (curry (@S) () (job '@S (inc 'I))))
      (def 'reset (curry (@S) () (job '@S (zero I)))) )

This is not shorter than your initial solution, but perhaps a little bit
more clear by letting 'curry' do the job of building the function.

BTW, all three solutions have in common that they depend on a shared
data structure (a cell (I . 0) or (0)). If the 'let' is going to be used
within some other function (instead of the top level here), it should
better be

   (let @S (list (cons 'I 0))

or

   (let I (cons 0)