Hi Boh Yap,

> On Mac OSX, it had problems locating the readline libs. Finally solved that
> by providing the correct path to PATH. (my readline was in
> '/usr/local/lib/readline/').

Another possibility might be to include it into the evironment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Strange that it is not found by default, as at least
the bash will use it.

> Then it encountered another error, something about
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.1,
> and hence dynamic links do not work. Setting
> MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4 got it to work.

Not sure what the correct setting is. We had this discussion before, in
personal mails in the initial phase of porting to Mac OS, and also in
http://www.mail-archive.com/picolisp@software-lab.de/msg00053.html

> I added this to the readline.l file.
>
> PATH=/sw/include/readline:/usr/include/readline:/usr/local/lib/readline:$PATH
>    export PATH

Where exactly? I would not expect this to have any effect.

I'd also be interested to get readline() to work, now that we have it
partially ;-)