Hi Alex,

> To be precise, that message is "1^M^JT^M^J0^M^J^M" (see line 154 of
> "lib/form.l"). It is just an explicit formulation of the token "T" in
> chunked encoding. It could as well be (ht:Out T (prin T)).

I see, so it looks like some kind of mismatch between chunked and
non-chunked mode used by the web server and expected by the client
script.  I'll have a look into it.  nginx probably messes that up.

> This is actually a very special case. The function 'jsForm' is
> invoked on the server to handle an Ajax request. When the server
> detects that the current page changes more than just the contents of
> some fields (typically because an error message has to be embedded,
> or the hierarchy of dialogs was changed), it has to abort the Ajax
> request and initiate a full, fresh submit of the whole page.  It
> then sends the special token "T", which can never be a normal reply
> to an Ajax request. This token is detected in "lib/form.js", line
> 88, and initiates 'form.submit()' on the JavaScript side.

I see, that's what I found but I was puzzled by "1^M^JT^M^J0^M^J^M"
and thought the responseText has some kind of more sophisticated
protocol, but it was simply chunked encoding;-)

> So this is strange that you observe this "T" response. It should not
> appear when you just press the +BubbleButton.

This "T" response happens when I press the bubble button for the first
time.  It is the behaviour of the correct case too.  Here the form is
submitted in the correct case and not submitted in the faulty case.
The subsequent button presses just update the chart fields without
submitting the form and reloading the page.  But why does it have to
submit the form for the first time?

Thank you,