Hi Henrik,

> So I've just had a setback for my feedreader, it seems I can't fetch
> feeds from feedburner with curl anymore, trying
>
> curl http://feeds.feedburner.com/codinghorror
>
> results in nothing, while for instance the follwoing works:
>
> curl http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/xmlsrv/rss2.php?blog=1

the feed has been moved:

to...@bela:~$ curl -i http://feeds.feedburner.com/codinghorror
HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 12:55:25 GMT
Server: Apache

to...@bela:~$

so you can try the new url: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/codinghorror

> However doing wget -O - http://feeds.feedburner.com/codinghorror is
> not a problem.

wget seems to be following the redirect.

> The above wget options will output to stdout instead of writing to a
> file, my basic problem here is that I don't know enough about basic
> Linux functions, I'm trying the following with no success:
>
> (pipe (out (list 'wget '-O '-
> 'http://feeds.feedburner.com/codinghorror)) (till))

I tried:

: (in (list "wget" "-q" "-O" "-" "http://feeds.feedburner.com/codinghorror";)
(till))
Bad UTF-8
?
:

The trouble here is that the feed is not utf but iso-8859-1:

<rss...

Not sure how Alex handles things like this in a standard picolisp way,
but I guess you'll need to convert the latin1 file to utf externally
(use sh -c wget ... | lat1-to-utf8) before reading it into picolisp.
lat1-to-utf8 would be an external program to do this (it actually
might be in the picolisp distribution already, I saw some tools
looking like that).

> Any ideas?

Another idea would be to use the 'client' function to download the
feed.  However, you will still need to do the encoding conversion I
think.

Cheers,

Tomas