Hi Tomas,

> something which would not make me edit both ends of the commented out
> expression, e.g. Common Lisp #+NIL(...) is better in that sense as you
> can stay at the beginning all the time when commenting or

I personally find the token '#+NIL' a bit too long (a typical Common
Lisp style). I like Kriangkrai's syntax '#{', as the '#' denotes a
comment and the '{' a block (and not necessarily a Lisp expression).
Also a nice fact is that '{' is used only in external symbols so far,
and will not conflict much with other things.

BTW, I don't know if you are aware of it, but there is a nice "trick"
which I use occasionally to comment a whole expression: The good old
quote :-)

   '(de foo ()
      ...)

If you use it inside of expressions, though, you must take care of what
it means in that context:

   (de foo ()
      (doThis)
      '(doThat)
      (doSomethingelse) )

will successfully comment (doThat), without any other side effect, but

   (de foo ()
      (if (bar)
         '(doThis)
         (toThat) ) )

might not behave as expected.

> I think unescaping strings does not scale, using it in all sorts of
> templates usually leads to a mess.  It's much better to stay in the
> "lisp world" as opposed to the "string world" I think;-)

Very true.