On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 10:45:49PM +0100, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> help of the wordstat files and I found a really good resource:
> http://tartarus.org/~martin/PorterStemmer/
> At first I thought it would be a fairly effortless task to code this
> up in PIL but now I'm not so sure, what say you guys? Right now I'm
> inclined to simply use the C version.

I would most probably also use the C version.

For one thing, it is just tedious to write that stuff once again, if it
is already done and tested.

And on the other hand, a C solution cannot be beaten in terms of speed
for such kind of low-level character handling.

A good candidate for the new 'native' function :-)