I've been changing my database structures now and then, ie adding some
prefix class to the E/R relations, or adding new relations (without
rebuilding afterwards). Most of the time I haven't experienced any
corruption.

I think we've discussed this before but my memory of that discussion is hazy
and it was on IRC so better get it out here. What exactly happens if I for
instance add an +Aux relation, will the DB engine recognize that it's new
and create the index to include all concerned objects, or will it simply
come in to effect on all objects created from now on or will it corrupt the
DB? If I recall correctly it will simply work from now on but existing
objects won't be included in the index.

And if I recall correctly I believe there were also some tools to rebuild in
situations like this or?

/Henrik