On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 06:35:30PM +0200, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> At first my remotes will be on the same machine so yes they could all be
> forked from the main process.

That's all right. On the other hand, the remote processes might be
different _programs_ (i.e. starting from a separate 'main', 'go' etc.),
so I would rather expect them not to fork from the same process.

On which machine(s) all these processes run at the end of the day
doesn't matter. Can well be all on localhost.

> I suppose that means they will start to block and what consequences will
> there be? If very bad how do I prevent it in the best way?

Blocking is no problem at all in this context. As we discussed in
previous examples (and also as shown in the docu of *Ext and related
functions), the remote server spawns a child process for each query
request. Such a query can block if the central server doesn't eat away
all results quickly enough, but this doesn't matter.