Matthias,

thinking about it, my explanations yesterday were probably not very
enlightening. The matter is rather complex and involved.

The basic principle is that each entity has its 'url>' method, to know
how to edit itself, and open a specific edit page when clicked upon.

To understand entities, GUI components like charts, and their
interactions, I would recommend to study some of the examples in the
distribution like the "app/" demo, or the family database application in
"doc/family.l". Also, the sources of the wiki http://home.picolisp.com/
(find the link in the "Documentation" section) might be helpful.