Hi Christophe,

   Initial note, as I also just posted in IRC: People who cannot read
   the mail messed up by Yahoo, might want to issue:

      (in "file" (while (echo "=0A") (prinl)))

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 02:40:04PM +0000, Christophe Gragnic wrote:
> Am I alone to like gettext 8-O ?

Many ideas employed by gettext are probably good and interesting.
Instead of directly using gettext, I would rather recommend to modify
'locale' (in "lib/misc.l") to handle some of gettext's features. For
example, the "loc/XX" files could be extended to use attributes.

On the source level, the syntax with the comma read macro

   ,"Translate me"

should be kept. I can't imagine anything cleaner and easier.

I would not want to change the official system now and immediately, as I
don't want to break existing applications ;-)

Thanks,