I use a lot of asynchronous information going back and forth and to avoid
problems with escaping wavy brackets in JSON and/or other problems that
might arise from using non alpha numericals as a part of an id it's more
convenient to use a number than the actual location of the object.

This can be achieved with either (genKey) or (id). The genKey scenario is
better if you also want to be able to view/manipulate the data through the
traditional GUI.

Id mainly enters the picture in the distributed word index: