Hi Thorsten,

> I must admit I can only find one version of openGL.l in the lib folder
> (probably the 64-bit version), but may be I didn´t look in all the places

Jon's library for 32-bit PicoLisp is available as a separate package:

(is that link still correct?)

As Jon mentioned, native function calls differ between 32-bit and 64-bit
PicoLisp. The one in "lib/openGL.l" is for 64-bits.

In general, I would say that using the 64-bit version is easier, as C
functions in shared object files can be called directly, without writing
a glue function (inline or as a separate shared object file) to convert
between Lisp and C data.

Which version (32 or 64 bits) do you intend to use?

> "R can be built as a shared library1 if configured with ‘--enable-R-shlib’.
> This shared
> library can be used to run R from alternative front-end programs."

This looks good. You should be able to call that library directly from
the 64-bit version, analog to "lib/openGl.l" (or "lib/math64.l" for
another example).

As my daughter must use R in her studies in the near future, and I
learned in the past that my daughters tend to ask me for help on
computer-related problems, it might be good if I also engage a bit on
that subject ;-)

0 Alex