Perfect, somehow I wasn't 100% sure of this fact but suspected it might be
like this.

What you just wrote is probably described in either the Tutorial or
Application Development document but I think it could not hurt to mention
something about it here: http://software-lab.de/doc/ref.html#external as it
might be of interest in any kind of situation where forking occurs.