On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 08:30:58AM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
> Sure, if you consider the sheer number of installations and users.
> When talking about "interesting segments", I meant that the major
> battlefields these days are either in the smartphones and tablet area,
> with server (cloud) systems, or - traditionally (also in terms of sheer
> numbers), but largely unnoticed by the consumer - embedded systems. The
> desktop is losing importance.
> Especially for embedded systems PicoLisp might still have unexplored
> potential (right, Jakob?), but also for distributed databases.

I agree except that MANY who target Linux in web installations use
Windows on their desktop. They are used to able to run Apache, PHP,
Perl, Python stacks on the Windows desktops and then push that code
to the Linux servers.

So I think PicoLisp on Windows could easily double PicoLisp userbase,
probably more.
+1 on embedded, especially MiniPicolisp.