Hi Henrik,

> I just tried to run vizreader (from scratch) with the 64bit version and I
> did not experience any problems (as opposed to with early versions of the
> 64bit version).

Great. That's good news :)

> So I thought I should try and run with a complete converted 32 -> 64bit
> database.
> [/opt/resources/rss-reader/convert.l:8] DB read: Success
> ?
> Good or not?

This doesn't look good :(

It is an I/O (read) error, despite the misleading error message. It
seems it tries to access a non-existing object, or out-of-range database

The reason is hard to tell without a direct inspection of the DB. I
don't think it has to do with concrete E/R issues, because the
conversion 32->64 runs on a lower level, directly following the links
between objects, and observing only a few E/R rules heuristically.

Could it be that already the 32-bit DB was not consistent? I remember we
talked about several problems in the beginning. What happens if you run

   : (load "lib/too.l")

   : (dbCheck)

on the 32-bit system? It should print diagnostics of the form

   1 4 (5282 . 5282)
   2 1 (18591 . 18591)
   3 1 (272 . 269)
   4 1 (28254 . 28254)
   5 1 (14243 . 8815)

iterating all DB files in the first column, followed by lines like

   {obj1} (1 . {obj2}) var +Cls {1}

for each index. If something looks wrong, a hard error ("!? ..") is
issued, or a warning like (dbfCheck Class) for suspicious DB-models, or
(dangling {obj} ..) for missing indexes is printed.