On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:08:10PM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
> I would suggest a new global variable '*Prompt', which may hold an
> 'exe', so that
>
>    (setq *Prompt '(symbols))
>
> will result in a prompts
>
>    pico:
>
> The ':' is supplied automatically, and - as before - changes to '!' in
> breakpoints, '?' in error handlers '+' in stopped subprocesses and '>'
> in sub-REPLs.

Now I did that, but with one difference: The namespace symbol is printed
only if it is not 'pico'. So it stays compatible in the default
namespace, and on versions other than 64-bits.

"lib/debug.l" now contains:

   (when (== 64 64)
      (setq *Prompt
         '(unless (== (symbols) 'pico) (symbols)) ) )

The '*Prompt' global variable, however, is available also in 32-bits and
ErsatzLisp.