Hi Alex,

It may very well be that 'cat' cannot handle an URL, but when I try this:
(doc '+ "echo")
then I get this:
file:doc/ref_.html#+

It still seems to me that this path is more relative than absolute.

I have made a tiny Mac OS X shell script that opens up a given URL using my default browser (Safari), but I think it would need an absolute URL. My current shell script looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
osascript -e "open location \"$1\""

/Jon