Tomas Hlavaty <t...@logand.com> writes:

> Hi Tomas,
>
>> I remember that Alex recently mentioned a method how to get the
>> signature of any function or method definition loaded in the system.
>> Unfortunately, I could not find the related post again.
>>
>> Any hints where I have to look  would be appreciated.
>
> have a look at
>
>    $ git clone http://logand.com/git/swank-picolisp.git
>
> it does what you are after, even for C/asm functions.

Thats quite impressive, thanks. I thought slime/swank is only for communication
with compiled lisps, but well ...

I can open a picolisp file in slime-mode now, but I can't connect (with
slime-connect):

,-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Connecting to Swank on port 4005.. [2 times] open-network-stream: make
| client process failed: verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt, :name, SLIME
| Lisp, :buffer, nil, :host, 127.0.0.1, :service, 4005
`-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to check my slime installation ...

Is that still valid, or should it rather be 'pil ore 'plmod now?
| (setq slime-lisp-implementations
|       `((picolisp ("/usr/bin/picolisp/p") :init slime-init-picolisp)))

So, the connection via swank replaces the connection via
inferior-picolisp/commint - or uses it? And slime-mode replaces
picolisp-mode, or adds new functionality to it?

Thats new terrain, I only knew about swank from ENSIME, the emacs scala
mode, never used slime/swank with a lisp.

Thorsten