Henrik Sarvell <hsarv...@gmail.com>
writes:

Hi Henrik,

> Does it matter if you can see the definition instead of simply jumping
> to it?

not really.

> Because with the help of CTags I can jump to any defined function or
> method in a .l file.

I tried it once to set up TAG files, but I didn't really succeed. I think
I have to read a bit more in the Emacs manual and then try your tutorial
again. TAGS seem to be really usefull, not only for Picolisp, but
everywhere in Emacs.

> With jump to documentation you basically get this functionality for
> the built in functions.

I really like this, since I'm still in a phase where I basically have to
look up (almost) every Picolisp function I use, and that was a bit
tedious using the web interface.

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Thorsten
> <quintf...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Tomas Hlavaty <t...@logand.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Tomas,

>>> have a look at
>>>
>>>    $ git clone http://logand.com/git/swank-picolisp.git
>>>
>>> it does what you are after, even for C/asm functions.
>>
>> Thats quite impressive, thanks. I thought slime/swank is only for
>> communication
>> with compiled lisps, but well ...
>>
>> I can open a picolisp file in slime-mode now, but I can't connect (with
>> slime-connect):
>>
>> ,-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> | Connecting to Swank on port 4005.. [2 times] open-network-stream: make
>> | client process failed: verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt, :name, SLIME
>> | Lisp, :buffer, nil, :host, 127.0.0.1, :service, 4005
>> `-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> I have to check my slime installation ...
>>

>> Is that still valid, or should it rather be 'pil ore 'plmod now?
>> ,-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> | (setq slime-lisp-implementations
>> |       `((picolisp ("/usr/bin/picolisp/p") :init slime-init-picolisp)))
>> `-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> So, the connection via swank replaces the connection via
>> inferior-picolisp/commint - or uses it? And slime-mode replaces
>> picolisp-mode, or adds new functionality to it?
>>
>> Thats new terrain, I only knew about swank from ENSIME, the emacs scala
>> mode, never used slime/swank with a lisp.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Thorsten
>>
>> --