Hi Henrik, Thorsten,

> > Because with the help of CTags I can jump to any defined function or
> > method in a .l file.
> I tried it once to set up TAG files, but I didn't really succeed. I think
> I have to read a bit more in the Emacs manual and then try your tutorial
> again. TAGS seem to be really usefull, not only for Picolisp, but
> everywhere in Emacs.

I think that the necessary tags are already there, or can be easily
generated. At least in the latest version of PicoLisp (this was extended
recently a bit).

You can - again - take the 'vi' function as example. It generates a
temporary file "~/.pil/tmp/<pid>/tags" upon startup, so that all
functions defined in the current session are included. The other symbols
(all built-in functions and assembly-level labels, equates etc.) already
come with the distribution in "src64/tags").

So, in 'vi', after you edit a function, e.g.

   : (vi 'doc)

you can move the cursor on other symbols, e.g. 'call' in the next line,
and hit Ctrl-']'. There, you may "click" on 'CDR', and so on.

I think it should be easy to adopt this mechanism to other editors.