It's at the end here:
http://www.prodevtips.com/2010/09/29/emacs-color-themes-tags-cedet-ecb-and-other-customizations/

Not much to it, I do things "old school" ie I put the download in
/opt/picolisp and simply cd there in a shell and do: ctags -e -R
--languages=-JavaScript,-PHP,-C,-Make,-HTML

This will recursively loop through all the folders and generate tags
for everything, for instance all my projects in /opt/picolisp/projects
and the standard library in /opt/picolisp/lib