Hi Thorsten,

> I have a problem there, I tried
>
> ,--------------------------------
> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/pil       |
> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/plmod     |
> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin/pil   |
> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin/plmod |
> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin/psh                             |
> `--------------------------------
>
> but no matter which one  I use, and I always get an error, e.g.
>
> ,--------------------------------------------------------------
> | (prog (load
> | "/home/tj1/bin/picolisp/lib/swank-picolisp/swank-picolisp.l")
> | (swank-start "/tmp/slime.20688"))
> |
> | Can't exec program:
> | /home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin/psh
> `--------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Now I'm a bit confused - which command should I use, and is that related
> to file permissions (they seem alright to me) or something else?

I think this error occurs because the binary 'picolisp' cannot be found.

BTW, 'psh' does not make sense to be executed stand-alone (though this
is not the problem here), because it tries to connect to a running
PicoLisp application server.

But "/home/tj1/bin/picolisp/pil" or "/home/tj1/bin/picolisp/plmod", for
example, should work, if in the directory "/home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin" a
binary executable "picolisp" can be found.

> >> Is that still valid, or should it rather be 'pil ore 'plmod now?
> >
> > Yes, I think the way picolisp is launched has changed recently, so you
> > need the use the correct shell script, likely pil.  Please let me know

Right. 'p' doesn't exist any longer (too easy to conflict).