Tomas Hlavaty <t...@logand.com> writes:

Hi Tomas,

>> swank-picolisp and copied your configuration except the picolisp command
>>
>> ,-------------------
>> | usr/bin/picolisp/p
>> `-------------------
>>
>> I have a problem there, I tried
>>
>> ,--------------------------------
>> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/pil       |
>> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/plmod     |
>> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin/pil   |
>> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin/plmod |
>> | home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin/psh                             |
>> `--------------------------------
>
> isn't there a slash missing to indicate absolute pathname?

this now works with the pil command, although the behaviour is still a
bit strange.

>> but no matter which one  I use, and I always get an error, e.g.
>>
>> ,--------------------------------------------------------------
>> | (prog (load
>> | "/home/tj1/bin/picolisp/lib/swank-picolisp/swank-picolisp.l")
>> | (swank-start "/tmp/slime.20688"))
>> |
>> | Can't exec program:
>> | /home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin/psh
>> `--------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I just tried with the latest picolisp from repository and it works.
>
> My .emacs is something like:
>
> (setq slime-lisp-implementations
>       `((picolisp ("/home/tomas/git/picolisp/pil" "+") :init
> slime-init-picolisp)))
>
> (defun slime-init-picolisp (file _)
>   (setq slime-protocol-version 'ignore)
>   (format "%S\n"
>           `(prog (load ,(expand-file-name
>                          "/home/tomas/git/swank-picolisp/swank-picolisp.l"))
>                  (swank-start ,file))))
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/git/picolisp/lib/el/")
> (require 'picolisp)
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.l\\'" . picolisp-mode))
>
> (add-hook 'picolisp-mode-hook (lambda () (slime-mode 1)))
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path "~/lisp/slime/")
> (require 'slime-autoloads)
> (slime-setup '(slime-repl slime-fuzzy slime-fancy slime-asdf))
>
> (setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)

I spend the afternoon updating to emacs 24, since I read about problems
with emacs 23.1.1 and slime. But nothing changed, its still very slow,
and I get

,------------------------------------------------------------
| error in process filter: Wrong number of arguments: nil, 27
`------------------------------------------------------------

constantly when moving in the repl.
I copied most of your configs too, but to no avail.

>> | (:program "/home/tj1/bin/picolisp/bin/psh" :program-args nil :buffer
>
> I think this is wrong program.  See my config above, it should be pil.

yes I changed that.

Thank a lot for your help, I'm kind of exhausted now after installing
slime and installing emacs 24 the whole day - can't think straight ahead
anymore. Have to get used to the new emacs, and then figure out whats
wrong with my slime installation.

The new gnus is incredibly colorfull - I hope you don't see my text in
orange and yellow like I do.

Thorsten