On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:25:33PM +0100, Jon Kleiser wrote:
> Yes, if "tmp/" already exists, then it works. Maybe the "tmp/"
> should be created if it doesn't already exist ...?

You mean in the "ersatz/pil" wrapper script, before the JVM is started?

I would be reluctant to do so, because "tmp/" is created by the 'tmp'
and 'javac' functions only if really needed. Creating it on each and
every start might clobber too many places with unnecessary "tmp/"
directories, and could even crash (no write permission).