Hi all,

(Noobie questions incoming.)

I have a couple of related questions about implementations:

1) Is there a definitive list somewhere of which features are present in the different versions of PicoLisp? The comment on the download page is a little bit vague about what has been left out of miniPicoLisp (or I guess what has been included in the big versions, to take the other point of view).

2) Related to that, the download page describes miniPicoLisp as "pure" PicoLisp, supporting "the full language". Is there any kind of established definition of what specifically constitutes the PicoLisp language? i.e. what must, and what should, a third party Lisp implementation provide in order to be able to call itself a PicoLisp? (This is only hypothetical, I don't intend to try to reimplement PicoLisp, although that might be fun.) The PicoLisp Reference page is very interesting, and I can take a good guess at the answers to my questions after it, but it's not quite clear-cut about PicoLisp the concept vs. the implementation (and describes some features definitely absent from miniPicoLisp, so...).

This is mostly curiosity, but I also was thinking about using a potentially-heavily-modified PicoLisp as an embedded language (for which I want a combination of some of the features from the different implementations, with little interest in others), and would like to be able to still honestly say that it *is* PicoLisp in use, as opposed to some custom dialect nobody knows how to use. (Speaking of which, are we permitted to redistribute the documentation?)

Thanks,

Alex Gilding