Hi Thorsten,

> Results are quite similar, but surprisingly enough, your 32bit system is
> faster on list manipulation than my 64bit system.

I would have expected that. All other things equal, 64-bit PicoLisp is
usually slower than the 32-bit version, due to a poorer memory cache
performance (the cells are twice as large size). On the other hand,
arithmetics are faster, due to the additional short number type in
pil64.

> while viewing the above wiki page (not being logged in) I get:

> | http://picolisp.com/5000/-2-23.html

Yes. This is the "true" URL (direct access to the database object). The
symbolic URLs are just cosmetics ;-)