On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 11:15:37AM +0200, dexen deVries wrote:
> http://debu.gs/entries/inferno-part-1-shell
>
> we all love dynamic scoping and lambda, right? :D

Sure! Wholeheartedly agree :)

(Though the term "dynamic scoping" is not right, IMHO. Instead, I would
talk of "dynamic binding", because it is about the management of value
assignments to variables/symbols, not about the accessibility/visibility
of those symbols)

BTW, those who advocate lexical binding are suspiciously silent when it
comes to demonstrations of the power of dynamic binding.

For example, I'm still waiting for lexical-bound Common Lisp or Scheme
solutions in

   http://rosettacode.org/wiki/First_class_environments