I've not tried it so I take your word for it that it's similar, at least in
the way you access the data (ie Datalog being similar to Pilog etc).

However, that's where the similarity ends, at heart Datomic is not at all
anything like PicolispDB. It's just a layer that resides on top of existing
databases which apparently can be very different in their behaviour (SQL vs
Riak for instance).

I would be skeptic to a product like this as it promises something like two
holy grails in the fact that it first claims to be a unified interface
towards so different underlying architectures, and secondly that it
promises automatic horizontal scalability. Two problems that are very very
hard to abstract away.