Hi List,

I haven't seen so many uses of the (quite recently) introduced
namespaces in PicoLisp, so I would like to ask what is the canonical way
to use them?

Say I have a library called 'pio.l'. In Emacs Lisp I now would prefix
all definitions in this library with "pio-", i.e.

,-----------------------------
| (de pio-do-something (X Y) ...)
`-----------------------------

Since there are namespaces available now, I would rather avoid this and
use something like this:

,----------------------------
| (symbols "pio" 'pico)
| (local do-something X Y)
|
| (de do-something (X Y) ...)
`----------------------------

My questions are now:

1. Is using a transient namespace the default, or should I use

 ,---------------------
 | (symbols 'pio 'pico)

instead?

2. Is it necessary to put all library definitions (and all ARGS) into
the (local ...) function to define them as part of the new namespace?

3. Should I use namespaces anyway, or rather keep it simple and use the
"pio-" prefix?

--
cheers,
Thorsten